EmploymentThank you for looking at Nextwire's employment opportunities. Nextwire is a domestic broadloom manufacturer of woven wire cloth established in 1963 and located in Star City, Arkansas. We are committed to being the leading supplier in the Corrugator, Engineered Woods, Nonwovens, and Pulp and Paper Industries.
We are an equal opportunity employer
The director of sales position is responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing, and product development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Directs market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals
- Provides feedback to the company regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Provides feedback to Operations team to ensure all customers have accurate and timely information on order status and/or changes
- Assists Customer Service Representatives, Reps/Dealers/Sales in troubleshooting orders that require special handling.
- Assists other departments within the organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances.
- Directs product research and development.
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Capacity
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
Expected Hours of Work
Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Type: Full-time
Classification: Salary Exempt
Reports To: Vice President of Sales and Operations